Crops Marketing and Management Update
This issue is focused on the timing of implementing risk management products. From 1994 to 2016, June tends to provide the best opportunities for price risk management. This shouldn't surprise anyone as the market is hoping/concerned that the crops are getting clobbered by weather. Once the weather risk is reduced, prices tend to decline into harvest.
Todd D. Davis, Assistant Extension Professor
University of Kentucky
Topics in the June 2017 Update:
- June 9th WASDE Update: Market Waits for June 30th Acreage Report
- Corn and Soybean Planting and Emergence Progress – Comparing 2017 to Previous Years
- Crop Moisture, Vegetative Index, and Weather Outlook Maps
- 2017 Corn and Soybean Risk Management Opportunities
- Projected Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Futures Trading Ranges to May 2018
- Past Performance of Corn Price Risk Management Tools
- Past Performance of Soybean Price Risk Management Tools
- What is the Potential for Corn and Soybean Pre-Harvest Risk Management in June 2017?
- Risk Management Game Plans for 2017 Corn and Soybeans: June Update