Mark Your Calendars for our new Wheat Field School.
The UK Wheat Science Group will offer two hands-on training sessions on managing wheat in Kentucky. The sessions will be held at UKREC in Princeton and are scheduled March 8 (Green-up) and April 26 (Prior to Flowering). These programs are directed towards crop advisors and farm managers who provide agronomic guidance for wheat production. Class size will be limited to 30 people per training. Lunch will be provided.
Pre-registration is required for each training. There will be a $60 fee for each session. Use the following link to pre-register by individual training dates. CCA & Pesticide Credits have been applied for.
April 26th (Register by April 19)
· Growth stage / plant dissection near heading - Carrie Knott
· Planting date and seeding rate differences impact stem counts near heading - Carrie Knott
· Growth regulators for wheat - Carrie Knott
· Application timing of fungicides - Carl Bradley
· Late nitrogen applications for protein - John Grove
· Plant analysis for assessing nutrition - John Grove
· Tillage and traffic impacts on growth - John Grove & Edwin Ritchey
· Managing insects during grain storage - Raul Villanueva
· Controlling ryegrass as a cover crop and as a weed in wheat - Lloyd Murdock & Jim Martin
· Weed Identification - Jim Martin
If you have any issues or questions with registration, please contact:
Dr. Edwin Ritchey: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 270-365-7541 ext. 301 or Kelsey Mehl:
email@example.com or 270-365-7541 ext. 200.
A third session will cover topics associated with pre-planting decisions in the fall of 2017 (topics and times TBA).
This training is made possible, in part, by funding from the Kentucky Small Grain Growers Association.